- Why is the Lottery a 500 Club?
A 500 club is a form of private lottery. The name refers to the maximum number of subscribers and also defines the set number of lottery tickets available.
- To be a member there is either an annual subscription of £48 or a direct debit for £4 per month.
- Half the proceeds of the monthly subscription is for the Cottingham Village Trust to help support the Civic Hall, former Council Offices and public toilets. The balance is distributed on the following basis:
❖ First Prize – 50% of the prize pool money
❖ Second Prize – 30% of the prize pool money
❖ Third Prize – 20% of the prize pool money
- When does the draw take place?
The draw will take place on the last Wednesday of every month in the Civic Hall at the end of the Zumba Gold class at circa 11.30am.
- How can I join?
Participants must be aged 16 years or over. Please contact the Cottingham Village Trust on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01482 845734. Payments need to be made not later than 18th of the month to be entered in that month’s draw. Payments need to be made by Standing Order on a monthly or on an annual basis.
- What will the retained money be used for?
By joining the 500 club you can ensure the Cottingham Civic Hall, former Council Offices & public toilets remain open for residents and the community. All these buildings are in need of repair, renovation and/or new equipment, however, hiring out the buildings will not of itself enable the Trust to fund essential work. The money from the lottery will be one of the many ways that will be used to support repairs, maintenance and/or updating the facilities. All retained monies will be used for this purpose.
- How will I know if I have won?
Winners will be contacted either by email or telephone within 48 hours of the draw, the result of each draw will also be displayed in the Cottingham Civic Hall within 48 hours of the a monthly draw.
- How will winning monies be paid?
Winners will be notified by Telephone and will receive a cheque or a payment made directly into their bank account.